- KMS websites
- Participating Farmers Organisations
- Relevance to PSTAD
- Objectives of eRAILS2
- Approach - General description of voucher services
- The task managers
- WP1 - Identification of sites and resources
- WP 2 - Information Exchange Service (IES)
- WP2 - Content Management at the national level
- WP3 - Systems integration
- WP4 - Complementary information services
- WP5 - Operational framework for sustainable up-scaling
- Time planning
- Price estimation questionnaire
- Sites SGC
- Status of activities
The General objective of eRAILS is to mobilize farming communities and farmer advisory service providers to formulate questions so that agricultural experts (including agricultural scientists) can give practical answers to farmers’ immediate information requirements. Such mobilisation will trigger the development of relevant contents to be accessed through the eRAILS platform.
In the course of the consulting services (question and answer services), key data are collected providing an opportunity for scientists and policy makers for better understanding of the community situation (opportunities and challenges).
Such data are the prerequisite for effective impact assessment, early warning, monitoring and planning of interventions. The statistical data and scientific expertise are combined to provide more targeted decision support service for local and national decision makers and investors.
The second phase of the information system is focused on content management of eRAILS platform, specifically on how the system can be used to allow information flow from the scientists or agriculture experts to respond directly to farmer’s needs. At the same time being able to collect information from farming communities.
A bridge between science and farmers