The government of Sierra Leone established the Sierra Leone Agricultural Research Institute (SLARI) in the 2007 through an Act of Parliament as the sole government agricultural research and agricultural technology generating body, for the benefit of the farming, fishing and forestry sectors in Sierra Leone.
Increasing food security and wealth by contributing to sustainable agricultural growth and effective agricultural research sysyem.
Supporting agricultural growth through increasing productivity by the generation and promotion of innovative technology and the empowerment of stakeholders. This, in turn, is being achieved through the delivery of:
- Appropriate technologies.
- Improved policy and advocacy.
- Increased capacity amongst stakeholders.
- Stronger and better coordination and collaboration between SLARI and partners.
- Better dissemination of information/knowledge.