- EAAPP and RCoEs
- Tanzania Hosts Regional Rice Center of Excellence
- The RRCoE Components
- Expected Outcomes of RRCoE
- EAAPP-RRCoE Implementing and Collaborating Institutions
- RRCoE's Key Documents
- EAAPP-RRCoE Documented Success Stories in Tanzania
- Rice Exhibitions and Review of Regional Sub-Projects
- Important Links
Eastern Africa Agricultural Productivity Program
The Eastern Africa Agricultural Productivity Program (EAAPP) embeds four regional projects namely Regional Centres of Excellency (RCoEs) for rice, cassava, wheat and diary, which are hosted in Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia and Kenya respectively. The four projects aim to contribute to the objectives of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Productivity Program (CAADP)’s Pillar IV. Each RCoEs focuses on addressing constraints along the value chain of a particular commodity to serve for the national and regional social and economic growth. This regional initiative is coordinated by the Association for Strengthening Agricultural Research in Eastern and Central Africa (ASARECA) while project activities are coordinated by specific commodity centres of excellence. A multi-institutional approach is employed through designated RCoEs, focusing on investing in agricultural research and development through
- Strengthening each centre of excellence with its commodity.
- Technology generation, training and dissemination.
- Improved availability of seeds and breeds.
- Coordination and management.