- EAAPP and RCoEs
- Tanzania Hosts Regional Rice Center of Excellence
- The RRCoE Components
- Expected Outcomes of RRCoE
- EAAPP-RRCoE Implementing and Collaborating Institutions
- RRCoE's Key Documents
- EAAPP-RRCoE Documented Success Stories in Tanzania
- Rice Exhibitions and Review of Regional Sub-Projects
- Important Links
Expected Outcomes of RRCoE
The project will be implemented over a period of five years with the following anticipated outcomes:
- The RRCoE with improved infrastructure, human and financial resources to conduct and coordinate regional research.
- Enhanced generation of agricultural technologies in identified priority areas.
- Improved availability of knowledge on improved agricultural technologies in identified priority areas in targeted countries as well as other ASARECA member countries.
- Improved farmer access to seeds/planting materials and dairy genetic materials in identified priority areas in targeted countries as well as other ASARECA member countries.
- Enhanced coordination and management of regional research activities and dissemination initiatives in all EAAPP countries.
Budget for RRCoE
The Program gets financial support from the World Bank’s International Development Association (IDA) and the budget for each country is USD30 million for five years. In Tanzania, the implementation of the Program started on March 4, 2010.