Objectives of the Trust
The objectives of the Trust as they are contained in the Trust Deed are as follows:
(a) To resuscitate the business operations of the property transferred to the Trust by GRZ;
(b) To avail its facilities for training of students from various institutions of learning and to the general public at a fee;
(c) To provide services such as, but not limited to, the marketing of produce on behalf of the small-scale farmers;
(d) To source and secure funding for the realization of its objectives;
(e) To produce surpluses that shall be applied only for the furtherance of the objectives of the Trust;
(f) To embark on and or promote community development projects with a bias towards programs that support efforts of women groups in livestock agriculture;
(g) To liaise with institutions of its choice
(h) To undertake livestock programs which the GRZ may not be able to continue or complete;
(i) Disseminate information aimed at promoting improved technologies for small scale farmers; engage in commercial research ; and to engage in business ventures as farmers and ranchers for the purposes of fulfilling or contributing towards all or any of the objectives of the Trust;
Key Programme Areas include:
1. Practical training in Animal Husbandry;
- Beef, Dairy, Pig, Sheep & Goat production and animal draft power utilization.
2. Commercial operations for;
- Income generation;
- Supply of breeding stock to farmers; Beef Diary, Goats, Sheep and Pigs.
3. Research and Development in;
- Animal breeds;
- Nutrition; and
- Management practices.
4. Animal Draft Power Technology Promotion
- Supply of draft animals, oxen and donkeys;
- Supply of animal drawn equipment; and
- Conservation tillage.
5. Special projects